Saturday 11 August 2012

11.08.2012

I love and hate the internet.

It makes it so easy to keep in touch with people, and yet equally it separates you more too.

I decided to have my cat Edgar put to sleep last week, after another run in with a car his organs had been pushed up by his heart. Rather than put him though a risky operation or watch him deteriorate over night. I decided there and then that rather than watch him suffer I'd give him up.

I'd only had him four years but he was the most affectionate cat I have ever had. Always talking, always following me. When I left for Uni this time last year, I was in bits leaving him behind. He had to go to my Dad's house as my Mother had just moved house next to a really busy road. So when I came home at Christmas it was weird not being able to have him in my room and spend as much time with him as I had previously done.

The same happened again when I returned for the Summer Holidays, it didn't feel right not being able to spend so much time with him. Equally how much of a burden my Dad made him out to be.

But all of that is neither here or there.

Right now I still miss him.

I've always had a cat throughout my twenty years of life, and the prospect of not being able to have one for the next three years until I finish my degree is soul destroying.

I recently spent three days entirely on my own at my Dad's house whilst he went camping and my Mum was at work. She was reluctant to leave me on my own, but it was what I needed.

I'm still not over it. far from it.

but I guess it's better if I keep that for myself.
No one wants a depressed, whiney, asshole for a friend.

So I'm probably just going to disappear from the net again, for a while.

Bye.



1 comment:

  1. I'm so sorry about Edgar. From all the pictures you've posted of him, he seemed like a really sweet, loving cat. I know the pain you feel right now; My kitty passed away last year, and I'm still struggling with it. The important thing is that you had such an amazing cat in your life. I hope you feel better soon. ♥

    ReplyDelete